-For many, reducing expenses means taking financial shortcuts with auto insurance, especially when driving an older vehicle. “Reducing insurance coverages in the hope of saving money isn’t necessarily the best way to go,” reports Atascadero State Farm Insurance Agent, John Donovan, as he points out better ways to reduce the cost of insurance without sacrificing important levels of coverage.
There are a number of important considerations to consider before reducing the amount of coverage for vehicles in order to reduce expenses. When the amount of coverage is reduced, exposure to liability and higher out-of-pocket expenses increase. All drivers in California are required by state law to carry a certain minimum level of auto insurance. While those levels may meet the letter of the law, they may not sufficiently protect any assets, such as a home, a business, investments or a family in the event of a traffic accident.
Before taking the step to lower auto insurance coverage to save money meet with an insurance agent to discover other options. An experienced insurance agent can review your driving record to find how a clean driving record saves money on auto insurance. “There are a number of discounts that can be applied,” said the Atascadero auto insurance agent.
Here are summaries of some of the discounts available from the State Farm Insurance agent:
- Rates are lower for drivers with no tickets or accidents in the last 3 years. Safe driver discounts are available when there have been no accidents with an insured vehicle for at lease three years. New State Farm customers may qualify for lower rates when they have not had a citation or accident for six or more years. Defensive driving courses, driver training discounts, and mature driver discounts are also available.
- Teen and college student drivers might qualify for discounts for good grades and taking advantage of State Farm’s Driver Safety program for teens.
- The number of miles driven per year have a big impact on rates.
- Multiple vehicles owned by related members of the household may qualify for a multi-car discount.
- A certain number of consecutive years insured with State Farm can result in loyalty discounts.
- Carrying multiple lines of insurance with the same company typically qualify for a multiline discount.
Sitting down with the Atascadero insurance agent at his State Farm Agency is the best way to find answers to questions and discover how to save money on insurance coverage.
The John Donovan State Farm Insurance Agency has been serving Atascadero and the Central Coast since 2007. A local business staffed with local residents, the company and staff provide full-service insurance policies that are tailored to the unique needs of individuals, families and businesses. The staff is involved in a number of community activities that enrich local services.
John Donovan State Farm Insurance Agent
420 El Camino Real, Suite A
Atascadero, CA 93422